OFA Level 3
70 hours Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
3 year certification
*As of July 1st, 2018, all WorkSafe BC course prices increased due to new curriculum*
This course is the industry standard, and is designed to prepare first aid attendants to work in remote settings. Skills include; minor wound care, upper and lower limb immobilization techniques, spinal immobilization, CPR & obstructed airway management, as well as a wide variety of medical conditions and regulatory requirements by the WCB. Upon successful completion of the practical and written examination, candidates will be certified for 3 years.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be certified. Restricted ticket until age 19
- In good health and physical condition
- Provide valid photo ID to the Evaluator prior examinations.
- Level 3 Worksafe certificate is accepted in Alberta. (see Tilma Agreement info on our website)
- Students must prepay to secure a seat in class.
- When registering please make arrangements to pick up textbooks prior to start of course as there is pre reading required.
- Payment required in full at time of registration
- All class hours are mandatory
- Written and practical exams are scheduled for after the course is completed. This will usually be the Monday following the last day of class.
All courses must be paid for in full at time of registration.
If notification of course withdrawal is received 5 business days or more before the course commences, a refund of 50% of the course fee may be given.
If notification of course withdrawal is received less than 5 business days before the course commences, no refund will be given.
If a student elects to transfer to a different course date, 5 business days notice must be given or a fee will apply.
- OFA 2, OFA 3, OFA 3 Recert, EMR, H2S or FR: $150.00
- All other courses: $50.00
- Candidates that do not show up for a course forfeit all fees.
FACTS recognizes that there may be extenuating circumstances, and we will always do our best to accommodate students in those situations.
Upcoming Class Times:
Click on a time/class for more info. Calendar may take a few seconds to load.
If you see no classes below, please contact us for more info!